Clearly visible from Edinburgh’s Royal Mile in the heart of the city, Bedlam Theatre is a fully operational 90-seat theatre housed in an imposing neo-gothic church.
Home to the Edinburgh University Theatre Company, Bedlam is the oldest student-run theatre in Britain.
The theatre was originally the New North Free Church built in 1849 near the site of the Edinburgh Bedlam Mental Institute. In the 1970s, the Edinburgh Uni Student Association took over the building for their Chaplaincy. In 1989, it was given to the Edinburgh University Theatre Company, who named the building Bedlam Theatre.